- 4 potatoes
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoons rajgira/amaranth flour
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Peal and wash the potatoes and now grate them.
- Once all the potatoes are grated, wash them 2-3 times and remove the excess water.
- In a large bowl add the potatoes, cumin seeds, green chillies, ginger, salt and rajgira flour. Mix till everything is well combined.
- Add a tablespoon of water if needed. It should have a thick ball like structure, so you can easily make the pakodas.
- Heat oil in a kadai and now take some pakoda mixture in between your fingers and put them in the oil.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes or until it gets a nice golden brown texture from each side.
- Kurkure lachha pakode are ready. Serve immediately with the green chutney.
- Do not add excess water else the pakodas will not turn out crispy.
Ingredients For Green Chutney
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- 2 green chillies
- 1 inch ginger
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
- water as required
Steps In Making the chutney
- In a mixer grinder add fresh coriander, peanuts, green chillies, ginger, cumin seeds, salt, lemon juice, sugar, salt and some water.
- Grind until smooth. The green chutney is ready.