- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large onions finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons ginger garlic paste
- 1 medium capsicum finely chopped
- 4 large tomatoes finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons pav bhaji masala
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
- 6 pav
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Heat oil and butter on a tawa. Once done add finely chopped onions and cook them for 3-4 minutes or until light golden.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute.
- Further add capsicum and cook for a minute. Do not over cook them.
- Add tomatoes and salt and cook till the tomatoes turn soft and mushy. It will take 4-5 minutes.
- Now add the dried masala, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, pav bhaji masala, garam masala and mix well.
- Add some water and let the masala cook for a minute. Make sure its not dry. Else the pav wont be able to soak the masala.
- Once done add some butter and fresh coriander and mix.
Assemble Masala Pav
- To toast the pav on the same tawa, move the cooked masala to one side of the pan.
- On the other side add some butter. Cut the pav from the center and place it on the butter. Cook for two minutes or until it gets a nice golden crispy texture.
- Take a tablespoon of the cooked masala and fill in inside the pav and cover it with the other half. Cook for another minute.
- Serve immediately with finely chopped onions and lemon.
- You can make this recipe on a tawa or kadai.
- You can make the masala pav recipe only in butter too.