- 500g small onions
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 large beetroot
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 green chillies
- ½ cup (120ml) vinegar
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Peal the skin of the small onions.
- With the help of a sharp knife put a x cut mark on the onions. Please note the mark shouldn’t be so deep that it cuts the onion into half.
- Cut ginger and green chillies into thin strips.
- In a pan add water and bring it to a boil. Now add roughly chopped beetroot and let it simmer on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- The water will change its colour to purple, switch off the flame and let it cool down completely.
- Now in a clean glass bottle put the onions, ginger and green chillies.
- Pour the beetroot water in the bottle and fill it till half.
- Further add the white vinegar in it. All the onions should be fully submerged in the liquid.
- Cover the bottle with a lid and let it rest for 24 hours allowing the onions to soak and absorb all the juices.
- You can eat the sirke wale pyaaz the next day. Store in the refrigerator for upto 2 weeks.
- Use small onions for the recipe as its easy for them to soak the juices.
- Once the onions get over, you can add more small onion in the sirke ka liquid and use it again.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- Garlic Pickle In 10 Mins
- Green & Red Chutney Street Style
- Instant Mirchi Ka Achar|Green Chilli Pickle