- 2 tablespoons ghee/clarified butter
- 1 teaspoon jeera/cumin seeds
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 4 boiled potatoes diced
- salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ cup roasted peanuts coarsely grounded
- 2 tablespoons coriander
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a kadai heat ghee and then add cumin seeds, green chillies and curry leaves. Sauté for few seconds.
- Add ginger paste and cook for a minute.
- Now add boiled and diced potatoes. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes or until it gets a light golden brown colour and a crispy texture on the outside.
- Add salt, black pepper powder and mix well.
- Further add roasted and coarsely grounded peanuts, cover with a lid and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Finally add fresh coriander and lemon juice.
- Serve hot
- Do not make a fine powder of the peanuts.
- You can skip the cumin seeds if you don’t eat them in vrat.