Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
For White Sauce Topping
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ½ teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 small carrot finely chopped
- 1 small capsicum finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper finely chopped
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons refined flour/maida
- 1 cup (240ml) cold milk
- salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon oregano or mixed herbs
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 cheese slice
For White Sauce Sandwich
- 8-10 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipments Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
White Sauce Topping
- Place a pan over medium flame and add oil and butter in it.
- Now add chopped garlic and toss for 30-40 seconds.
- Further add chopped onions and carrots and sauté for a minute.
- Now add frozen corn, green capsicum and red bell pepper and sauté for a minute. Do not over cook them, else the veggies will become very soft.
- Now add refined flour and toss for a minute or two on medium-low flame.
- Slowly add cold milk and while stirring it continuously cook for a minute.
- Now add salt, red chilli flakes, oregano and black pepper powder. Mix well.
- Lastly add a cheese slice and cook for a minute or two or until it gets couple of boils. It will start to thicken. Do not over cook else the white sauce will become too thick after it cools down a bit.
- Now let it cool down for 2 minutes.
White Sauce Sandwich
- Take the bread slices and gently spread butter on both the sides.
- Now place a taw over medium flame and toast the bread till it becomes crispy and gets light golden colour.
- Now add a generous spoonful of the topping we prepared on the bread and let it cook for a minute.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
- You can vary the quantity of the cheese and milk, depending on how cheesy you want the white sauce to be.
- If you are adding regular corn then boil it and add.
- Do not over cook the veggies as we want them to remain crunchy and not turn very soft.