This homemade chocolate ice cream recipe is one of my favourite. Here I am using Dairy Milk Silk which gives this chocolate ice cream a smooth texture and taste, but you can use any chocolate of your choice. This recipe is so simple and easy that it requires only few ingredients. I have used my homemade condensed milk in this recipe instead of store-bought one. You can also try my other favourite ice cream recipes like 3 ingredient Vanilla ice cream and Mango ice cream. They are all made with only 3 ingredients.
Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel and check out all my yummy recipes.
Ingredients For Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 cup (240ml) whipping cream
- ½ cup (120ml) condensed milk
- 200g Dairy Milk Silk (or any chocolate of your preference)
- 3 tablespoon coco powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Main Equipments Used
- Philips Hand Mixer – Buy on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2ZrTmXp
- Glass Mixing Bowls – Buy on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2UjHgMz
- Ice cream scoop – Buy on Amazon Here: https://amzn.to/2S8HQ2d
Steps In Making Chocolate Ice Cream
- Using double boiler method or microwave, melt the chocolate and keep it aside and let it come to room temperature.
- In a large chilled bowl take chilled whipping cream and with a hand beater or a whisk beat for around 2 minutes till it becomes slightly thick.
- Now add condensed milk, vanilla essence and coco powder. Mix everything together and beat till it forms stiff peaks.
- Add the melted chocolate and gently fold it into the whipping cream.
- Transfer the ice cream in a bowl and cover it with a cling wrap or a lid.
- Keep it in the freezer for 5-6 hours or preferably overnight.
- Store in the freezer for upto 6 weeks.
- Always use chilled whipping cream, else it won’t whip nicely.
- Don’t over beat the whipping cream else it might release butter.
- Let the chocolate cool down before adding it in the whipping cream else the ice cream mixture will get spoiled.
- Covered the ice cream with a lid or cling wrap before freezing else it might form water crystals on the top.
- If you don’t have a hand beater than you can also use a whisk to whip the cream.
Step By Step Pictures For Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
1. Take dairy milk chocolate or any chocolate of your choice.
2. Roughly chop them into small pieces.
3. Take a double boiler and let the water boil over medium heat.
4. Add chocolate in it.
5. Stir it continuously while the chocolate melts completely. Once done, let it come down to room temperature.
6. In a chilled bowl add chilled whipping cream and whip for 2-3 minutes till it slightly thickens.
7. The whipping cream looks thick now.
8. Add condensed milk. I using my homemade condensed milk
9. Add vanilla essence.
10. Add coco powder.
12. Mix till everything is well combined and it forms stiff peaks.
13. Add the melted chocolate.
14. Add roughly chopped dairy milk silk or chocolate chips and mix till everything is well combined.
15. Pour the ice cream mixture into a pan.
16. Smooth the top with the back of the spoon and spread it evenly.
17. Cover it with a cling wrap or a lid and keep it in the freezer for 6-7 hours or preferably overnight.
18. Store in the freezer for upto 6 weeks.
19. Serve chilled!
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- Homemade Condensed Milk Recipe
- Easy Vanilla Ice Cream – 3 Ingredients
- 3 Ingredient Mango Ice Cream Recipe
Can i use Amul cream for this?
You can use Amul whipping cream which comes in red colour packet but not the Amul fresh cream. I have mentioned several whipping cream brands in the description box of my YouTube video. You can buy them online too.
What can be used instead of condensed milk??
I would recommend you use condensed milk for this recipe, as it not only adds sweetness but gives a nice creamy texture to this ice cream. I have 3 ingredient homemade condensed milk recipe on my blog and YouTube both. You can check that out too. Enjoy.