This Fruit Custard recipe is my childhood favourite. I remember as a kid I didn’t milk that much – and I still don’t. That’s when my mom would make Fruit Custard out of the milk and I would happily devour it. Personally, I prefer it thick and but the consistency depends entirely on your choice. So do try this recipe at home and feel free to comment below with your thoughts and questions.
Fruit Custard Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel and check out all my yummy recipes.
Ingredients For Fruit Custard
- 2 cup (480ml) milk
- 3 tablespoon custard powder
- ¼ cup (50g) sugar
- ¼ cup mango
- 3 tablespoon pomegranate
- 3 tablespoon green grapes
- 3 tablespoon apples roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon black grapes
- 1 medium sliced banana
Main Equipments Used
- Heavy bottom pan – I use the Prestige Granite 3-pcs set. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Q0OMu6
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Step By Step In Making Fruit Custard
- In a small bowl add custard and few tablespoon of room temperature milk and give it a good mix. Now keep it aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan over medium flame add milk and bring it to a boil for 3-4 times, while stirring it occasionally.
- Now add sugar and mix till the it melts completely.
- Finally add the custard in the milk and while stirring it continuously cook for 3-4 minutes or until it becomes slightly thick.
- Let the custard cool down completely.
- Now add the chopped fruits and mix until well combined.
- You can eat it immediately or let it refrigerate for couple of hours before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator for upto a week.
- Never add hot milk in the custard powder, else it will form lumps.
- Always stir the milk while adding the custard in the boiled milk, else it will form lumps.
- If the custard has formed lumps then sieve it and it will be fine.
- Once the custard is cooked, keep stirring it for few more minutes to avoid the cream formation on the top.
- Don’t overcook the custard as it thickens once it cools down.
Step By Step In Pictures For Fruit Custard
1. In a heavy bottom pan add milk.
2. Before switching on the flame, take few tablespoon of milk and add it to the custard powder.
3. Give it a good mix and keep it aside.
4. Bring the milk to boil for 3-4 times while stirring it occasionally.
5. Now add sugar and cook till it melts completely.
6. Add the custard mixture that we prepared earlier. (Stir it before adding to the milk, as custard tends to stick to the bottom)
7. Cook for 3-4 minutes or till it thickens slightly.
7. The custard is done now.
8. Remove it in a bowl and let it cool down completely.
9. Add the fruits of your choice.
10. Mix them well.
11. You can eat it immediately or let it refrigerate for couple of hours before serving.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- Healthy & Sugar Free Homemade Fruit Popsicle Recipe
- 3 Cafe Style Cold Coffee in 3 Minutes
- Easy Kalakand Recipe