We all love churma ladoo, they are delicious and healthy too. During Ganesh Chaturthi people make these Churma Ladoo’s to serve it to Lord Ganesha. So this festive season try them at home and I am sure you will love them. You can try my other recipes too, Fried Modak, Mawa Modak, Coconut Ladoo, Besan Ladoo Homemade mawa
Churma Ladoo Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- 1 cup (128g) whole wheat flour/atta
- 4 tablespoons semolina/suji
- ½ cup (120ml) clarified butter/ghee
- 1 cup (200g) powdered sugar
- 10-12 almonds roughly chopped
- 10-12 cashews roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins/kismish
- ½ teaspoon cardamom/elachai powder
- 2 tablespoons roasted poppy seeds
- water to knead the dough
- ghee/oil for frying
Note- Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipments Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making Churma Ladoo
- In a large bowl add wheat flour, semolina and 4-5 teaspoons of ghee. Now mix them together, till you get a sand like texture.
- Gradually add little water at a time to knead and make a stiff dough. Once done, cover the bowl with a lid and let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Now take some dough in between your palms and make 6 medium size baati’s.
- In another pan preheat the ghee/oil, once done add 3-4 baatis at a time and fry them on medium-low flame till they turn golden brown from each side.
- On a tissue paper remove all the baati’s and crush them into small pieces and let them cool down for few minutes.
- In a mixer grinder grind the baati’s till you get a coarse powder texture.
- Remove the mixture in a large bowl and add powdered sugar, make sure to sieve the sugar to avoid any sugar lumps.
- Further add chopped almonds, cashews, raisins and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Lastly add few tablespoons of hot ghee, enough to bind the churma ladoo’s together. If at any point you think the churma ladoo mixture is dry, add more ghee.
- Once done take some churma ladoo mixture in your hand and make all the ladoos.
- In a plate place some poppy seeds and roll the churma ladoos on it to coat them evenly.
- Let them cool down completely for few hours on a plate.
- Store the churma ladoo’s in an airtight container for a week. Can be stored in the refrigerator for upto 2 weeks, warm them in a microwave for few seconds before serving.
- Don’t use fine wheat flour for these churma ladoo’s, coarse texture wheat flour would be preferable for perfect bite and texture.
- You can replace water with milk to knead the dough.
- Don’t fry the baati’s on high flame else they will remain uncooked from the centre.
- Ghee can be replaced with oil.
- Don’t cool the baatis completely before grinding them else they won’t bind together easily.
- Add hot ghee when binding the churma ladoo’s, this will help you use less ghee.
- Let the churma ladoos cool down completely for few hours in open before storing them.
Step By Step In Pictures For Churma Ladoo
1. In a bowl and wheat flour and semolina.
2. Add 4-5 teaspoon of ghee in it and mix well.
3. The flour will get a sand like texture.
4. Add little water at a time and knead the dough.
5. Please note, the dough shouldn’t be very soft, it should be slightly hard, like how we use for puri’s. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
6. Make small medium size baati’s.
7. All the baati’s are ready, don’t make them very thick else they will not cook evenly.
8. In a pan over medium flame add ghee/oil and once it heats, add 3-4 baati’s at a time and fry them on medium-low flame.
9. Fry the baati’s till they turn golden brown from each side.
10. These look done now. Remove them on a plate and similarly fry the rest of the baati’s.
11. Crush the baati’s into small pieces and let them cool down slightly.
12. Now grind them till they form a smooth texture.
13. Make sure there aren’t any lumps.
14. Remove the churma ladoo mixture in a large bowl.
15. Further add some powdered sugar and sieve it to avoid any lumps.
16. Mix well.
17. Now add roughly chopped cashews, almonds, raisins and cardamom powder and mix well.
18. Finally add few tablespoons of hot ghee.
19. Mix till everything is well combined.
20. Once done, it will come together and easily form into ladoo.
21. Take some churma ladoo mixture in your hands and make all the ladoo’s.
22. In a plate put some poppy seeds.
23. Roll all the churma ladoo’s in the poppy seeds and press them in between your hands so they don’t fall out.
24. The churma ladoos are ready to be relished.