- 150g chocolate (milk or dark)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Roughly chop the chocolate into small pieces
- In a bowl add cocoa powder, corn flour and hot milk. Now mix until smooth.
- In a pan add milk and bring it to a boil.
- Now add the cocoa powder and corn flour slurry in the milk and mix continuously to avoid any lumps. Let it simmer on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. It will thicken and darken in colour.
- Now add the chocolate and switch off the heat. The chocolate will melt with the heat of the hot milk.
- Now switch on the heat and let the cocoa milk simmer on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. It will thicken get a smooth creamy texture.
- Once done, sieve the cocoa milk and let cool down completely and then refrigerate it for sometime if needed.
- In a glass add few ice cubes and pour chilled cocoa on top and serve immediately.
- I do not add sugar because the sweetness of the chocolate is enough but if you prefer you cocoa to be extra sweet you can add it.
- You can use milk or dark chocolate.
- If you are a vegan you can replace regular milk with plant based milk.