- 1 packet jelly
- water as mentioned in the packet
- 1 tablespoon sabja/sweet basil
- 1 cup water to soak sabja
- ½ cup fine sabudana/sago
- 5 cups water to boil sabudana/sago
- 1 liter milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup rose syrup
- 2 tablespoons pistachios
- 2 tablespoons almonds
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- To prepare the jelly in a pan heat water and then add the jelly mix and premix. Let it boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Once done immediately pour the liquid in a dish and let it rest for 10-15 minutes or as per the instructions given in the packet.
- Now with a knife cut the jelly into small cubes and keep it aside.
- To soak the sabja in a bowl add the sabja and water and let it rest for 10 minutes. It will swell up and double in size.
- To boil the sabudana, in a pan add water and bring it to a boil. Now add the sabudana and cook for 12-15 minutes or until the sabudana turns translucent. Once done sieve the sabudana and drain the excess water. Now pour fresh water on it to remove the starch. Once done keep the boiled sabudana aside.
- To prepare the milk base in a large bowl add chilled milk, sugar and mix well. Now add the rose syrup and mix again.
- The base of the milk is ready. Now add the soaked sabja, boiled sabudana, jelly cubes, pistachios and almonds. Mix well.
- The refreshing sabudana drink is ready. Serve chilled.
- While making the jelly make sure you do not add extra water, else the jelly wont set.
- Cook the sabudana till translucent, else it will stick to your teeth while eating.
- You can adjust the sugar as per your taste