Quick and easy to make street style corn chaat.
- 2 cups corn frozen/regular
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon butter
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green chutney
- 1 tablespoon schezwan chutney
- 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin/jeera powder
- ¼ teaspoon amchoor/chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making Corn Chaat
- In a pan add water and bring it to a boil.
- Now add the corn and sugar and let it boil for 4-5 minutes or until the corn swells up and turns soft.
- Once done, drain the excess water.
- Immediately transfer the corn in a large bowl.
- Add butter and mix till it melts completely.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients, finely chopped onions, tomatoes, fresh coriander, green chilli, green chutney, schezwan chutney, tomato ketchup, salt cumin powder, amchoor powder and mix well.
- Finally add some lemon juice and mix.
- Corn chaat is ready, serve immediately.
- Always add little sugar while boiling the corn, it will add a very mild sweetness to the corn.
- Do not over boil the corn else they will become hard.
- You can adjust the quantity of the chutneys as per your preference.