- 1 kg curd
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ¼ cup onions finely chopped
- ¼ cup capsicum finely chopped
- ¼ cup tomatoes finely chopped
- ¼ cup sweet corn
- ¼ cup carrots grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- salt to taste
- 14 bread slices
- 4-5 tablespoons green chutney
- ghee for cooking
- mustard seeds
- few curry leaves
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- To prepare the hung curd, take a deep bowl and put a sieve on top of it.
- Now put a muslin cloth over it and transfer the curd in it. Once done, lift the muslin cloth and remove the excess water by gently squeezing it.
- Now place it on top of the sieve and cover it with a plate. Put some heavy weight on the plate so the excess water drips off.
- Now keep it in the refrigerator for upto 8-10 hours or overnight because if its kept out for too long the curd might turn sour.
- Once done remove the hung curd in a bowl, add powdered sugar in it and mix well.
- Now add all the finely chopped vegetables like onions, capsicum, tomatoes, coriander, green chillies, sweet corn, grated carrots, salt , black pepper powder and red chilli flakes. Mix till everything is well combined. The filling for our dahi tadka sandwich is ready.
- Take the bread slices and evenly spread green chuntey on it. Now add generous amount of the dahi filling we prepared on it and spread it evenly. Cover it with another bread slice. Similarly prepare the rest of the sandwiches.
- To make the dahi tadka sandwich, take a tawa and add some ghee, once it turns hot, add few mustard seeds and curry leaves and then place the sandwich on top of it. Toast from both sides for 2-3 minutes or until brown and crispy.
- With this recipe you can make 7-8 sandwiches.
- The filling can be stored in the refrigerator for upto 2 days.
- Make sure to use fresh curd, we don’t want sour curd for this recipe.
- You can use any vegetables of your choice.