- 500g potatoes medium size
- 3-4 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon ginger- garlic paste
- salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon amchoor powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 green chillies
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Peal the potatoes and cut them into round shape. Make sure its not very thick nor thin.
- To make the aloo katli in a pan heat oil. Now add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Now add the chopped onions and cook for two minutes or till they turn translucent. Do not overcook them.
- Further add ginger garlic paste and cook for another minute.
- Now add the potatoes and salt and mix well. Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes or until they are almost 90 percent done. Stir occasionally in between to avoid them from sticking to the pan.
- Further add all the dried spices like; red chilli powder, red chilli flakes, turmeric powder, garam masala, chaat masala, amchoor powder, coriander powder, green chillies and mix well.
- Cover and cook for another 3-4 minutes. The potatoes will get a nice crispy texture.
- Finally add some fresh coriander and serve hot with roti, paratha or puri.
- While cutting the potatoes make sure they are not very thin, else they will break while cooking. If they are very thick then they will take a long time to cook.
- Try not to add water while cooking, if needed add only few drops else the aloo katli will not become crispy.