For instant mango custard milk
- 500ml milk
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup mango puree
For assembling instant mango rasmalai
- ½ cup milk powder
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 cup mango puree
- 12-14 bread slices
- almonds for garnishing
- pistachios for garnishing
- chopped mangoes for garnishing
Note– Please read the recipe notes at the end.
Main Equipment Used
Steps In Making
Mango custard milk
- Heat milk in a pan and bring it to a boil.
- To prepare the custard, in a small bowl add two tablespoons of custard powder and milk. Mix till there are no lumps and its smooth.
- Now add the custard mixture to the boiling milk and keep stirring it continuously. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Further, add sugar and cardamom powder and cook for another 3-4 minutes. The consistency will not be very thick.
- Transfer the custard milk to a large bowl and let it cool down completely. Keep stirring for 4-5 minutes to avoid any cream formation on the top.
- Now add the mango pulp and mix till everything is well combined. The mango custard milk is ready.
Assembling instant mango rasmalai
- In a bowl add milk powder, powdered sugar and milk. Now mix well, and you will get a thick creamy consistency. Further, add the mango pulp and mix well.
- Cut bread slices into a round shape with the help of a cookie cutter or a Katori.
- Now generously spread the mango milk powder mixture on a bread slice and sprinkle some pistachios on top. Cover it with another bread slice and gently press it.
- Similarly, assemble the rest of the breads.
- In a serving plate arrange the breads and top it with the instant mango custard milk we prepared.
- Garnish with some mangoes, almonds and pistachios.
- Let it rest for a couple of hours in the refrigerator and then serve. Your instant mango rasmalai is ready
- Do not overcook the custard else the bread will not be able to soak it properly.
- Do not add the mango pulp while the custard is still hot else it might curdle.
- If you do not have milk powder, you can use malai and sugar.
- Would advise you to let the instant rasmalai rest for 2 hours before serving as the bread will soak all the flavours of the rabdi really well.