- 1 tablespoon ghee/clarified butter
- 1 cup fine seviyan/vermicelli
- 1 litre milk
- 2 medium mangoes
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablepoons custard powder
- ¼ cup cold milk
- 2 teaspoons pistachios
- 2 teaspoons chironji
- 2 teaspoons raisins
- 2 teaspoons almonds
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Non-stick kadhai: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
- High-power mixer grinder: https://amzn.to/2GVmyRI
- Knife: https://amzn.to/43qamhj
Steps In Making
- Heat ghee in a kadai and then add fine vermicelli. Now roast for 3-4 minutes or until it turns aromatic and light golden brown in colour. Once done remove it in a bowl.
- In the same pan add milk and bring it to a boil.
- Now add the roasted vermicelli and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the vermicelli turns soft.
- Further add the sugar and cook for another couple of minutes.
- While the seviyan is getting cooked, in a small bowl add two tablespoons of custard powder and cold milk. Mix until smooth.
- Now add the custard mixture in the seviyan and keep stirring it continuously. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now add chopped almonds, pistachios, chironji, raisins and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Transfer the seviyan kheer in a bowl and let it cool down completely.
- Take a mango and grind it in a mixer grinder until smooth.
- Take another mango and chop it into small pieces.
- Once the seviyan kheer cools down, add the mango puree and the chopped mangoes and mix till everything is well combined.
- The mango seviyan kheer is ready. Garnish with chopped mangoes and pistachios.
- Serve immediately or let it cool down in the refrigerator for an hour and then enjoy this delicious mango kheer.
- If you do not have fine seviyan then you can take the thick one too.
- Do not over cook the seviyan kheer because it will become thick after cooling.
- You can adjust the sweetness depending on how sweet the mangoes are.
- Do not add mangoes in the hot kheer else it might curdle.