- 2 tbsp. oil
- 3 tbsp. raw peanuts
- 1 tbsp. roasted chana dal
- 1 tbsp. urad dal
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1 dried red chilli
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 2 no’s. green chillies
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. turmeric powder
- 2 bowls boiled rice
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp. fresh coriander leaves
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Now add raw peanuts and roast them for 2 minutes.
- Add roasted chana dal, urad dal, mustard seeds and dried red chilli. Sauté for a minute or until the dal turns golden brown.
- Now add finely chopped ginger, green chillies and curry leaves. Sauté for a 30 seconds.
- Further add lemon juice and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add boiled rice, salt and mix till everything is well combined. let it cook for a minute on low to medium heat.
- Finally top it with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Do not skip the roasted chana dal and urad dal as they add great flavour to this lemon rice.
- You can adjust the quantity of the lemon juice as per your taste.