- 4 cups whole wheat flour/atta
- ½ teaspoon salt
- water for kneading
- 1 tablespoon oil
The Stuffing- Mooli Masala
- Radish (Mooli) 2 Nos.
- Red Chilli Powder ½ tsps.
- Cumin Powder ½ tsps.
- Garam Masala ¼ tsp.
- Amchoor Powder ½ tsps.
- Aajwain ¼ tsp.
- Green Chillies 2 Nos.
- Salt To Taste
- Ghee/Clarified Butter for cooking
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a large bowl add whole wheat flour and salt. Mix well.
- Now gradually add water and knead for 4-5 minutes until it forms into a firm dough. Make sure the dough is not very soft.
- Now add a tablespoon of oil and knead for couple of more minutes.
- Cover it with a plate or a kitchen towel and let it rest for 2 hours in the refrigerator or room temperature.
- Grate the radish with the help of a grater. Make sure there are no large pieces in them else the moli parathas will break while rolling.
- Chop some fresh radish leaves and add them too.
- Now take some radish in between your palms and squeeze them tightly so all the excess water comes out.
- Further spread the radish in a large plate or tray. Add some freshly chopped radish leaves too.
- Now let the mixture dry under the fan for around an hour. If you will immediately use the filling in the parathas then they might break while rolling.
- Once done add red chilli powder, cumin powder, amchoor powder, garam masala, finely chopped green chillies and mix well.
- For 1 mooli paratha, take one portion of the filling and add salt in it. Do not add salt in the entire filling else the radish will release water and you wont be able to roll them easily.
- Make sure to squeeze the water from the radish before making the filling else the parathas will break and stick to the rolling pin.
- Let the dough rest for minimum of 2 hours before making the parathas.