- 2 tablespoons vanilla custard powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon powder
- 1 cup milk
- 8 bread slices
- 4 tablespoons nutella
- Chocolate Syrup
- Honey/Maple Syrup
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a wide mouth bowl add custard powder, salt, sugar and milk.
- Mix till everything is well combined and the sugar dissolves completely. Now keep the batter aside.
- For the chocolate french toast take generous amount of Nutella and spread it on a bread slice. Cover it with another bread slice.
- Now add some butter on a pan or tawa and heat it on medium flame.
- Take the Nutella sandwich and dip it in the eggless custard batter we prepared.
- Do not dip it more than once else the bread might become soggy and break.
- Now gently place it on the tawa and cook both the sides for couple of minutes or until it gets a light golden colour crust.
- Top it with some chocolate sauce and serve immediately.
- For the classic eggless french toast take a slice of bread and dip it in the liquid custard batter and put it on the nonstick pan.
- Similarly cook both the sides for couple of minutes or until it gets a light golden colour crust.
- Top it with some bananas, maple syrup, honey or whipped cream. Serve immediately.
- Preferably use a stale bread, 2-3 days old as it will soak the batter more easily.
- You can replace nutella with peanut or almond butter.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- Classic French Toast recipe
- Eggless Pancake recipe
- French Toast rolls with a delicious centre filling