Rava Laddu Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- 1 ½ cups (300g) rava/suji/semolina
- 1 ¼ cup (250g) sugar
- ½ cup (50g) dried desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup (60ml) ghee/ clarified butter
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk
- ½ teaspoon cardamom/ elachai powder
- 10-12 kaju/ cashews (roughly chopped)
- 2 tablespoons kishmish/raisins
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making Rava Laddu Recipe
- In a pan over medium flame dry roast the dried coconut for 2-3 minutes, or utill it turns aromatic. Now remove it on a plate.
- In the same pan add 2 tablespoons of ghee and once it melts add cashews and raisins. Roast for 2-3 minutes till the cashews turn light golden and the raisins double in size, once done transfer on a plate.
- In the same pan add 3 tablespoons of ghee and once it melts add the semolina and roast for 6-7 minutes on medium flame until it turns aromatic and light golden in colour.
- Now add the powdered sugar and cardamom powder and mix till everything is well combined. Further add a tablespoon of ghee and mix again.
- Lastly add milk and mix till everything is well combined. Let the rava laddu mixture rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Take small portions of the mixture in between your palms and make the ladoo’s.
- Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for upto a week.
- Never roast coconut or semolina on high flame else it will change it’s colour and turn dark.
- While making the rava ladoo, if the mixture becomes dry then add some milk, combine well and make ladoo’s again.
- Let the rava ladoo’s cool down completely on a plate for couple of hours before storing
Step By Step In Pictures For Rava Laddu Recipe
- In a pan over medium flame dry roast the dried coconut for 2-3 minutes, or until it turns aromatic.
2. The desiccated coconuts are perfectly roasted, transfer them on a plate.
3. In the same pan add some ghee and let it melt completely.
4. Now add cashews and raisins and roast them for couple of minutes on medium flame.
5. The cashews will turn light brown and the raisins will double in size. Now remove them on a plate.
6. In the same pan add 2-3 tablespoons of more ghee and heat it on medium flame.
7. Add semolina/suji/rawa.
8. Roast for 5-6 minutes on low to medium flame while stirring it continuously.
7. Rawa has changed it’s colour and turned aromatic.
8. Add powdered sugar.
9. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
10. Add a tablespoon of ghee and mix until well combined.
11. In a bowl add the roasted coconut and dried fruits.
12. Further add semolina mixture and mix well.
13. Add cardamom powder.
14. Lastly add milk.
15. Mix till everything is well combined.
16. Let the rava ladoo mixture rest for 10-15 minutes.
17. Take some mixture in between your palms and form small balls or ladoo’s
18. The ladoo looks perfect. Similarly make all the rava ladoo’s.
19. Let them cool down completely for couple of hours before storing.
20. Enjoy this rava laddu recipe!